Re: Celts Survive: Boston 88- Toronto 83

Bill Cooper, in his usual excellent analysis, said:
> leading to Toronto taking 6 more shots than the C's and 2 more free
> throws.  While the Celts caused 24 Toronto turnovers they negated
> that advantage by turning the ball over 23 times.  About the only
> positive you can find is that the Celts were 7-16 from three point
> range.

Yes, in fact, the thing I noticed most in the post-game stats that
SportsChannel showed after the game was how the teams hit the same
number of field goals (30), and Boston hit 2 fewer free throws (in
2 fewer attempts).  So that's apparently a 2 point deficit, until
you factor in 3 pointers.

Toronto hit 0 of 5, to Boston's 7 of 16.  That's 7 extra points, for
a 5 point win.