Regarding Vin Baker;  I travel frequently to Seattle on business, catch the
media coverage and sports talk, and it appears that Seattle is very much in
love with Vin Baker.  In fact he sang the National Anthem at a game the
other night, and his teammates mobbed afterword with congrats.  The event
was noted in the local paper, with strong encouragement from the team and
fans.  Seattle appears to be happy losing Kemp and picking up a quality
player like Baker.

The loser in that 3-way deal was definately the Bucks, with Brandon hurt
and Kemp finding a home in Cleveland.

I would love to see Baker in Boston, filling a strong post role, but unless
things change dramatically Baker is the 90's coming of Griffey Jr. in
Seattle.  I believe he will be make very wealthy by the Sonics.

Greg

> Date: Tuesday, December 16, 1997 10:15 AM
>
> Does anybody know what's the deal with the captain status of the team.  I
saw
> in a game the other night when brown was as the line his shirt said TRI-
> CAPTAIN? what gives?.  This team is one move away from contention with
ANY