re-How many could they have won?

>Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 16:55:27 -0500
>From: Theresa Lee <tjoyce@mit.edu>
>Subject: How many could they have won?
>
>Going over the win/loss predictions got me thinking that the C's have
>already won nine games in about 1/4 of the season..........are they THAT
>much better than last year or should I continue to curse ML and the "lose
>on purpose" attitude they had? It still burns me because I feel like they
>disrespected the true fans.
Yes they are that much better with out a doubt!!! I believe ML was the
sacrificial lamb, somebody had to do it.

>Anyway, at this rate, they can win as many as 32 games this year. Are they
>twice as good?
Remains to be seen. They are twice as good, but that doesn't mean twice as
many wins.

>Would anyone be interested in a recap of the Rick Pitino show each week? I
>usually watch it. The basic format is either an interview with Pitino by
>the host or Pitino interviews a player. He had Pervis on one week. In the
>other part of the show Pitino outlines drills they use in practice and
>explains how they relate to the game situations. It's really interesting
>and it really bugs me all the  more that ML was allowed to coach this team.
>He really had no idea what he was doing. It makes you wonder what they used
>to do in practice.
>
>Also, why doesn't Pitino reign Walker in when he continually tries to do
>the fastbreak by himself? I actually saw a situation on Friday where Walker
>had the ball on the break with a guy on each wing ahead of him. He tried
>the layup in traffic, missed and got fouled. He looked at one of the
>wingman, smiled, and said..."I saw you man."  What's that???????!
Walker is still in the learning process. Pitino is bringing him along nice
and easy. Right now he sees the floor and passes best on this team, when he
passes.

>Did you know that Alton Lister is still in the NBA?  Todd Day is not.
Todd Day: one of the reasons the Celts failed last year.