Re[2]: Sprewell's News Conference

     Johnny Cochran uh?  I can see it now:

     If the coach provoked, he must be choked

Subject: Re: Sprewell's News Conference
Author:  owner-celtics@igtc.COM at LMSMIME
Date:    12/9/97 11:59 AM

>This could be interesting.  Johnny Cochran is on Sprewell's legal
>team and will be at the news conference today.

Of course, Sprewell is going to present himself as the victim here.  First,
it was because PJ had verbally abused him, so of course, his only recourse
was to go threaten to kill him, and then try to strangle him.  Twice.  Now
his lawyers have advised a better way to get public sympathy.  First, act
like he was desiring to apologize for his actions.  Sprewell had chances,
and he showed no remorse when interviewed.  Second, accuse PJ of being a
racist.  Sprewell's black, PJ's white, and thats all some people need to
know.  Thats certainly all Cochran needs to work with.  Sad part is, for a
lot of people this will work.  Heck, look at this list alone.  There were
plenty of people on this list that were already making excuses for Spree
from day one.  I'm not saying that anyone thought anything as insane as
this being racially motivated, just that sympathy and excuses were already
coming out for somebody who tried to strangle their boss.

Matt