Sportsline

Sportsline report from Pitino.

If peace is attained without too much upheaval, Pitino's information says
the cap will rise from its present $26.9 million to "around $33 million."

The Celtics are currently within a degree or two of the cap, but their plan
is to lighten their load before the February trade deadline.

"The rise in the cap will really help us, and I think we're still building
value in some of our players, which could help if we want to make moves,"
Pitino said.

"We have our young nucleus, and we want to keep that intact. But we would
make a trade with any of our players if our team could definitely be
enhanced. We'll look at all opportunities."