Re: Pitino As Best Coach Is Joke

Matt Healy wrote:

> >One or two people on this list seem to think RP is the best Cosch in the land.
> >Check his record, one NCAA title.  Hardly qualifies as greatest and not even
> >in top 10 in NBA.  Check out some of the NBA coaches records and you will get
> >my point.  Pitino  may eventually prove to be good but never best.
>
> Dean Smith had 2 NCAA titles.  Guess he pretty much sucked too.  Only one
> team can win in any year, that doesn't mean there was only one good team
> that year, or one good coach.  Its not perfect, but you might try looking
> at winning percentage instead of just championships won.  I suppose Greg
> Kite was a better NBA player than Charles Barkley?

Yeah great point... Also Jerry Sloan must be the absolute worst coach in
the history of basketball, hes got 2 of the worst top 50 players of all
time, whose got the guy who pads his assists just to keep his team in
the game and a guy who padded his scoring stats just to help pad the
passers assists stats.

  Regardless of your
> curious criteria for determining the best coaches, I'd be interested in
> your top 10 list of current NBA coaches, that doesn't include Rick Pitino.
> In one month, the team has half as many wins as they had all last year.
> Its not like he inherited an all-star team.  He inherited the most pathetic
> team in the NBA, easily.  I'm sure if Pat Riley were coaching the Celtics,
> they'd be in first place, right?  Well, whatever you may think of him,
> Pitino is well on his way to finishing in the top few of voting for coach
> of the year.  I'm still skeptical that the team will even reach 24 wins,
> but if they keep up their current pace, he'll be getting votes for sure.

Can he win General Manager of the year too?? Joint award with Wallace??
:)

> Matt

Warwick :)

- --