RE: Bulls Get Revenge: Chicago 97-Boston 87

On Thursday, December 04, 1997 9:56 AM, Jonathan McIntyre
[SMTP:jmc@ptc.com] wrote:
> Bill Cooper said:
> > enough, of those) and the Celts  would have shot under 30%.  Walker,
> > in particular, seems to have forgotten that their are other players on
> > his side.
>
> That's true, and troubling.
>
> I know he can pass when he wants to.  At the end of last season he
> was going for triple-doubles, and was easily able to create great
> shooting opporunities for his teammates by displaying some very
> impressive passing skills.
>
> Last night there was one point where the Celtics had a 3 on 2 break with
> Walker dribbling the ball up the middle and 2 Celts filling the lanes
> nicely, but a step behind Walker.  Instead of hesitating a moment to let
> his teammates catch up and force the defenders to spread out, he forged
> ahead full speed, the defenders surrounded him, making it 1 on 2, and he
> forced up a wild shot under their pressure.

I agree. Although many on this list rank Antoine very highly, IMO he still
has a long way to go to be a real consistent go-to guy that will win the
big games for you.  He does not show much discipline and puts up decent
scoring numbers only due to the volume of shots, and still makes way too
many turnovers and can't find the open man too well. But I guess he is
still really a college senior. This team seriously needs a veteran scorer
to take the load off this kid as I believe he thinks he has to carry them.
 I sure like Bruce Bowen and have to give Wallace a thunbs up on this one.
Too bad we could not have snagged Austin also, he is playing very well.
 With Mercer and Bowen at 2 & 3 spots, by year end maybe they will be able
to consistently provide the additional scoring needed.