trade idea

Since everyone is so sick of hearing about trade ideas, here's another
one:

DeClerq, Minor, and Dana to Golden St. for Erik Dampier.  I know it
doesn't work cap wise, but the Warriors just freed up a lot of room by
terminating Spreewell.  We get a center who will be much better than
anyone we have now.  They get DeClerq back (who is popular out there) to
hopefully bring some fans to the games.  They get a good offensive weapon
in Dana Barros, which they desperately need now.  And Minor replaces
Spreewell at the 2 guard spot.

Since Spreewell has been suspended for a year, my contest goes out the
window.  Unless people want to guess who might sign him next year.  I'm
glad Converse finally buckled under public pressure and terminated their
contract with Spreewell as well.  My faith in the NBA and society is
actually being restored.  These developments show that while players get
huge long term contracts, they will be held accountable for their
actions.  The funny thing is that even after all this, Spreewell is still
lucky that no criminal charges are being pressed.

Jeremy