Re: Walker

- ---------------------- Forwarded by Ritesh-Dayaram Ramani/Student/Bentley
on 12/04/97 03:00 PM ---------------------------

>If I remember correctly, Strickland wore out his welcome in NY
>before Portland where he also had problems.
>I believe he's had a record of being a headcase.

The case is in NY he had to fight playing time with Mark Jackson after he
thought he already secured the position as the starter. He was traded to SA
then to Portland as free agent (I think)
As we all know Hindsight is always 20-20, GM of the NY then, Stu Jackson
traded him and later traded Mark Jackson because he didn't play tough
defense and wondered if he made a mistake trading Strickland earlier. Note:
New York always had a revolving door for point guards. Doc Rivers, Cheeks,
Mark Jackson, Strickland...I'm sure you get my point.

Ritesh Ramani
ramani_rite@bentley.edu