Re: Spree(not)well cut

Matt Healy wrote:

> >Why is it not a good business deal?  His trade value is squat, and with his
> >contract terminated, they have millions to work under the cap.
>
> It may turn out to be.  It will depend on the grievance being filed by the
> players' union, which should not lead anywhere, but may.  Also, in the
> short term, this team has lost an all-star, its best player, and main hope
> for winning a few games here and there.  I hope that fans support this
> decision and the team, but I'm not sure they will.  The team may lose money
> from people not attending as many games, but who knows?  I still say it
> takes guts to do the right thing sometimes, and this was one of those.  I
> suspect they could have gotten more than zero for him in a trade.
>
> Matt

The fans from the Warriors newsgroup seem to be totally with the team on
this, whoever seems to be siding with Spree are getting called 'idiots'.
I posted to it and said it could be the turning point of their
franchise, because if they get #4 and one or two good free agents (Brent
Barry is almost a certainty!) then they've got a good shot of being
exactly where the C's are now, which isn't bad considering where we were
last season (basically where they are now imo).

Warwick
- --
MZ