Re: The Boston Celtics Mailing List Digest V4 #387 (fwd)

Another set of opinion on some of these trades....

>Knight, Barros & Billups for Jayson Williams and Cassell in Jersey ?

Please... this is SOOOO unreal, I won't even comment on it.

>Knight, Barros & Billups to Golden State>
>Joe Smith & Sprewell to L.A.
>Campbell & Eddie Jones to Boston

LA could get much better players with Eddie Jones alone.

Here is Eddie Jones' numbers:

He is shooting 57% from the field and averaging 2+ 3 a game.  He is 7th in
steals.  He is scoring over 20 points a game.  He is doing this on a very
good Laker Team. (definate All-Star)  Did I mentioned that he isn't that
old?

Wow, I can only dream that Mercer someday equals those numbers.  Jerry West
is not going let him go for a second rate Power Foward and "Gangsta" Spree.

>San Antonio gets- Steve Smith, Dana Barros
>Atlanta gets- Sean Elliott, Hererra, Dontae Jones
>Boston gets- Avery Johnson, Alan Henderson

Why would Atlanta want to do this?  I live in Atlanta, and people here love
Smith and Henderson.  They have one of the best record in the East.  Why
would they want to screw that up?  For Sean Elliott(OLD)?  Hererra(No comment)?
Jones(Who hasn't done anything)?

Get Real!

>I see this as realistically being the only way cap wise that the C's can
>get Jayson Williams trade-wise.

OK...  Who's going to play Center for New Jersey now?  Gatling?  Don't think
so... We are talking about one of THE best rebounders in NBA. (Many contribute
the success of the Net's this year to the excellent play of Williams)

These Rumors are just way too unreal to even talk about.

- -Chul