Re: Are you guys nuts!!!!!!

I totally agree with your point of view.  Today's NBA is going up in smoke, and
something needs to be done about it.       After hearing about the Spreewell
incident, I don't see how anyone could want him.  Anyone who puts their coach in a
head lock then punches them should be thrown out of the league for life.  P.J. must
have some feelings for Latrell, though, since he is not going to file criminal
charges against him.  If somebody did that to me, I would slap a law suit on him so
fast he wouldn't know what him.  I believe he has just been suspended for 10 games
and can't attend any of the practices.
If the Celts do make a trade for him, that would be a big mistake.  I don't even
know if I could root for them any more if this happened.  I'm sure I would, but I
don't think I could cheer for him.  Even if he did help the Celtics win, I'd still
rather not have him.  I think I'd rather Boston lose then have him on the team.
As for Joe Smith, he should start worrying about his team then about getting traded.
 Maybe if he started doing this, they would start winning some games.  Some players
just have to big of egos to look at what's important.  They should worry about their
team and not worry about money.  If I had talent like they do, I'd worry about
developing my skills.  They get payed to play a game, and they still gripe.  Life's
just not fair.

- -- Begin original message --

> From: Casey Soulies <corndog@rcip.com>
> Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 17:34:09 -0800
> Subject: Are you guys nuts!!!!!!
> To: celtics@igtc.com
>

>       I can not believe that you people are still talking about getting Sprewell
> after he got into a fight with a coach, with a coach and with a coach.  The
> guy is not a team player and is not worth going to the CBA.  I don't
> believe you guys can overlook this fight and start talking about trades
> that would send anybody for this jackass.  The same goes for all the other
> millionares who think they have the power to decide who they do or don't
> play for (Joe Smith).  In Smith's case he should not even think about why
> he's not playing for a winner and start thinking about making the current
> team a winner.  And thats the biggest problem with todays NBA, nobody
> believes in the team they start with, they just think about the money and
> going to a proven winner where they don't have to be the stars.
>       As for Chauncey, I will continue to pull for him no-matter how much he
> struggles.  But, if he is traded I hope its for more than just money, the
> guy show signs, be it small signs but, the guy shows signs of being a good
> one.
>       And I will stick to what I said about a month for the draft, I get a
> chance to watch stanford basketball all the time and Brevin Knight will
> turn out to be at least one of the top 5 players taken, and at least the
> best PG in the draft.  One more thing to whoever said size = talent in a
> PG, what about Damon Stoudamire, Nick Van Exel, Kenny Anderson, Allen
> Iverson, Stephon Marbury or even John Stockton.  All these players are 6'1
> or under and all are at the top in the league.
>
> The Celtics beat the Bulls for the second time 102 - 86 in a laugher.

- -- End original message --