Peter, you wrote:

> Let me ask you: would you trade Billups for
> SToudamire straight up? We sacrifice height and maybe strength but gain
> speed. I dont know how Stoudamire's outside shooting compare sto Billups'.
> I'd have to think long and hard about it, but unlike the vast majority
of people on the list I probably would not do that deal.  Stoudamire is
a better than average point who looks great on a really bad team.  He is
small, though fearless (if I remember correctly his rookie rebounding
numbers were amazing for a sub-6 footer).  I'm not sure Damon's ever
going to be much better than he is now, and he certainly hasn't shown
me that he's worth the $$$$$$$$ he's undoubtedly going to get from some
team next year.  Chauncey, on the other hand, is all upside.  Yes, he
needs to adjust to a point guard mentality in the Pitino system, but I
haven't heard anyone question his attitude or his work ethic.  I'm eager
to see how he plays as an NBA sophomore.

As far as our needs in the middle are concerned, I've been too upset
about last year's lottery debacle to think much about it.  I guess the
key question is whether we really need a center (consigning Knight to
backup status) or a mean, ugly power forward to do the dirty work
inside.  If Ike Austin can't be had, what about Loy Vaught (assuming he
recovers from back surgery)?

Hey, does anyone still want to do that Sprewell trade?

Michael Gooen