Re: Billups/Sprewell

Theresa Lee wrote:

> You wrote:
>
> Plus, as far as I know, Spre hasn't been a problem until now and PJ has
> problems wherever he goes. Obviously, Spre was wrong in what he did, but it
> seems like a lot of people
> >have had a problem dealing with PJ.  I'd say the problem is PJ, not Spre.
>
> Reply:
> A player chokes his coach, comes back later after getting kicked out of
> practice and tries to hit the coach, and it's the coach's fault?  Forget
> whether you personally value either human being...Spreewell was wrong.
> Period. There is NO excuse for hitting another human being much less in the
> workplace. Grow up Spreewell!

I agree that no matter the justification (In this case none) hitting
your coach is a no no. No NBA team will put up with it as evidenced last
season when Robert Horry threw the towel at Danny. How long was he a Sun
after that? I think Sprewell for all his talent isn't worth the negative
baggage he would bring to the Celtics. I also think this talented young
man has some serious issues that need to be dealt with before anyteam
finds him very attractive. Just my thoughts and YMMV. Later.Mike