Re: Billups/Sprewell

You wrote:

Plus, as far as I know, Spre hasn't been a problem until now and PJ has
problems wherever he goes. Obviously, Spre was wrong in what he did, but it
seems like a lot of people
>have had a problem dealing with PJ.  I'd say the problem is PJ, not Spre.

Reply:
A player chokes his coach, comes back later after getting kicked out of
practice and tries to hit the coach, and it's the coach's fault?  Forget
whether you personally value either human being...Spreewell was wrong.
Period. There is NO excuse for hitting another human being much less in the
workplace. Grow up Spreewell!

I'm not sure HOW you can justify hitting a coach. I don't care if the coach
is a complete jerk...that is NOT how professionals solve problems. Dumb,
overpaid, immature athletes do this, but regular people don't. Let's not
give him an excuse for assault just because he can score. It's no different
than Greg Minor or DJ hitting their wives...it's still assault.

TJL

tjoyce@mit.edu