>Can they look forward to addressing this need through next year's draft,
>when there may be a lot of decent big guys available?  Should Chris
>Wallace look to make a big run at his old pal Isaac Austin?
I would love to see the C's get Austin, although realistically I doubt
we'd be able to afford him after next year. Probably the draft is the way
to go -- and I think 'decent' is the best word in describing the crop of
big men out there. Here's something I pulled off of ESPN sports zone
during the last draft:

Projected lottery picks 1998: (I've only included big men here).

 1. Raef LaFrentz, Kansas 	Senior 	Power forward 	6-11
 2. Loren Woods, Wake 	Sophomore	 Center 		 7-1
5. Keon Clark, UNLV 	Senior 	Power forward 	6-11
 6. Alexander Koul, GW	Senior 	 Center 		 7-1
 7. Todd MacCulloch, UW  Junior 	 Center		  7-0
 10. Brian Skinner, Baylor  Senior 	Center		 6-11
 11. Brad Miller, Purdue 	 Senior 	Center		 6-11

They didnt even include Tim Young, a 7 footer at Stanford who is a sure
first-rounder. The player that intrigues me most is Keon Clark --
although I havent seen him play (he's currently suspended for the first
part of the season, I think due to academic stuff). Skinner out of Baylor
is also supposed to be a BIG sleeper.

           Peter Delevett
            Staff Writer
     New Orleans CityBusiness