Re: Billups' height

John Lyell wrote:

> Because it is a well known fact that press guides overstate height.  i.e listing Barkley at 6'7" when he is actually 6'5 or 6'6.
>
> On Sunday, November 30, 1997 7:44 PM, Mike Dynon [SMTP:mdynon@ix.netcom.com] wrote:
> > John Lyell wrote:
> > >
> > > I believe Chauncy is listed at 6'3" but really closer to 6'1 or 6'2'.
> >
> > Just wondering: have you taken a tape measure to him?  If not, how do
> > you come to this conclusion?
> >
> > Mike Dynon

It is a well-known *belief,* not a *fact,* unless you can prove that the
height of every player in the league is overstated by an inch or two.
And if that's the case, then it all evens out, doesn't it?

I wonder if the guy that Barkley threw out the window started it by
saying, "I bet you're only six-four..."  :)

Mike