Re: I don't think so

     There is no way that anyone who knows anything about basketball would
ever have picked anyone other than Tim Duncan in last year's draft.  I don't
care what center you have on your team.  You can't just pass a guy like him
up.  I'm not saying he's David Robinson yet, but he will be a star before you
know it.  With the twin towers in San Antonio, they are going to be a force
to be reckoned with before it is said and done.  Just wait and see.
     I know that ML isn't the brightest person in the world, but even he
would have jumped on Tim if given the chance.  Duncan is just to complete of
a player to not want on your team.  I don't think ML would have traded him
either.  He is  someone you can build your team around, and anyone with a
little common sense knows it.
     We can only imagine what this year's Celtic team would be like if we
could have been lucky enough to get the number one pick in the draft.  Tim
Duncan along side of Antoine would have been awesome.  I believe Boston would
definately make the playoffs this year.  They might anyways, but with Tim it
would have been a sure thing.  Rick really could have made things happen with
a lineup that included him.
     As far as San Antonio being a legitimate contender, what do you think?
Everyone gets hammered from time to time, but that doesn't mean much early
on.  They still have a couple of injuries right now, but at the end of the
season, I believe they will be one of the teams to beat.
- -- Begin original message --

> From: bocelts@scsn.net (R. Bentz Kirby)
> Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 17:12:08 -0500
> Subject: I don't think so
> To: Celtics <celtics@igtc.com>
>
> John Lyell wrote:
>

> > If the Celtics had a center like San Antonio and had the #1 pick, would
> > they have pased on Duncan ?  The pre-Pitino regime probably would have
> > knowing their history of poor selections.
> >
> I don't think so.  I suppose this is frustration coming out, but even ML
> could see Duncan was the #1 pick.  Now, they might have traded the pick
> for something ridiculous.
>
> On the other hand, in today's NBA Notes in the Columbia, SC State, there
> is this comment which is interesting:
>
> "Anybody still convinced the Spurs are a legitimate contender following
> their 20-point loss to Seattle, 29-point loss to Utah and four point
> loss at home to the Wizards?
>
> Danny Ainge on why he didn't go see the Stones when they were in Tempe:
>
> "That would be like watching Dolph Schayes play basketball."
>

> --
>
> Peace,
>
> Bentz
> bocelts@scsn.net