>Whoever asked about 6'4" point guards saying that they are rare look at
>this.
>
>1- Derek Harper
>2- Matt Maloney
>3- Chauncey (of course)
>4- Harper
>5- Bobby Sura (a sg really, but plays point now)
>6- Robert Pack
>7- Tony Delk
>8- Sam Cassell
>9- Allen Iverson?
>10- Jason Kidd
>11- Gary Payton
>
>those are just the best ones. Out of that list the ones with big
>potential or have starred or are starring are:
>
>Potential- Billups, Daniels, Delk, Iverson, Sura
>starred- Pack (some time he did!) and Harper
>starring- Kidd, Payton, Cassell (yes I know!)
That's my point exactly. Most of these bigger guards are very good --
which is an argument for keeping Billups. BTW, Pack, Delk and Cassell are
nowhere near 6'4 (regardless of how they may be listed). I saw Pack in a
charity game this summer and he was eye to eye with Avery Johnson.

           Peter Delevett
            Staff Writer
     New Orleans CityBusiness
         pdelevett@nopg.com