>"Draft for need" wasn't that the Celtics excuse for the Eric Willaims, Dee
>Brown, Eric Montross, & Acie Earl selections ?
Montross & Earl, yes (goodbye, Nick Van Exel). Brown yes too (because of
Shaw's defection) BUT there was really nobody better after him, that I
can think of. Imagine if they'd gone for their BIGGEST need that year and
drafted Schintzius, who played very well in college. Was Williams a
"need" pick? They already had fox. I gues you could say it was a need in
that they needed more players who could score. Who else was left on the
board when Williams was picked? Eddie Jones? I'll tell you one time when
I wish they HAD drafted for need, and that was in '92 -- S. Rooks & PJ
Brown still there and the C's drafted Opie Barry.

           Peter Delevett
            Staff Writer
     New Orleans CityBusiness
         pdelevett@nopg.com