on dealing and lying

On dealing:  I took a small loss last week when I sold a stock and bought
Dell Computer.  I became convinced that Dell  was going to move up.  I
wasn't sure but I didn't have much time.  Dell was certainly better than
the stock I sold, so I made the switch.  (It did move up, by the way.)

So, even tho' Eric was my favorite, I can admit that Chris Mills is better;
we moved quickly and didn't get enough for Eric; we took a loss; that's
the way it goes; Mills is better and he's ours.  Don't look back.

On lying:  Pitino is Clinton is everybody in the public light.  They use the
media, they get quoted and misquoted; not every journalist wants them to
look good; the opposition delights in catching their mistakes.  Quit
worrying about lying or misleading or even knowing what these public
figures are really like; enjoy the product; judge them on that.

On basketball:  I do think DeClerq makes more sense than Brickowski or
Lister; I do think Knight offers more than Ellison; I like Mills and think he
could be the glue for this team; Mercer is not just star potential, but
superstar potential; and Billups is going to be the man--the team leader,
the clutch player, the hoss.  I think our summer restructuring has gone
quite well, but Pitino's learning the GM side; he will show his stuff
beginning Oct. 31.

Gene   (faith, hope--we didn't hire a dummy; we hired a leader)