And ANOTHER thing...

I think that the two of the biggest contributors to the Celtics' 15-67
season were injuries and coaching.  We all know ML couldn't coach and
wasn't a disciplinarian, but he was even further hampered by the fact that
his team lost 471 players games to injury, more than any other team since
this stat started being compiled 10 years ago.

There are five players from last year's roster still on the team.  This is
how many games they played:

Walker - 82 games
Barros - 24 games
Minor -	 23 games
Brown -  21 games
Ellison - 6 games

What about the most important players from last year's team who are now
elsewhere:

Wesley - 	74 games
Fox - 	 	76 games
Williams -	72 games

Is Pitino going for durability?  Doesn't terribly look like it.  Is he
going for team chemistry?  Minor and Brown certainly aren't noted for it,
nor is Walker.  Walker's best friend on the team is gone.  Why is it that
Walker has so studiously avoided any of the voluntary summer workouts that
Pitino has scheduled?

Does anyone on the list think that last year's team would have won 15 games
if they had been even reasonably healthy, or if they had had someone
vaguely resembling a real coach?

I was laughing at how gutted Dallas looked after it cleaned house this last
season.  They are destined for badness for a while, right?  They may right
now have more tools than the Celtics.  They certainly have a better front
line...

Thanks again.