Trade/FA rumors

At 12:00 noon PT, the Portland media is still moving forward on the =
likelihood of the Brian Grant signing.  More interesting are the =
following rumors they are also reporting.

1.  They of course report the Williams trade to free up cap room.  But =
the kicker is rumors out here are noting the interest in Chris Dudley by =
the Celtics, with this new cap space.  The radio guy notes the Celtics =
need for a additional center, with the rebounding/hustle/shot blocking =
package of Dudley.  Maybe so, but this guy cannot score, and is the =
worst FT shooter in the league.  Dudley is a very nice guy, but not a =
fixture in the future of any team.  How does this info get to Portland, =
without apparently surfacing in Boston?

2.  Rumor 2 has Portland signing Dudley, trading him for a future #1 =
pick to Toronto, who would then trade him to NY for a player whose name =
I did not catch (no one I recognized at least).  Why wouldn't NY just =
sign Dudley (no cap space)?  And why would Toronto give up a #1 for some =
no names.  This is a real report out here.  I hate to pass on poor =
rumors, but is was reported as part of item #1, which in my opinion is =
an even worse deal, at least for the Celtics.

FYI at least.