Trade fall-out

No question on the surface a one sided deal.  I agree with this kind of =
present, making the Nuggets take someone we really don't want like =
Pervis or Minor, would make sense.  And how does a player for picks =
trade work out under the cap rules anyway? =20

I live in the Portland media market, and the local sports reports are =
convinced that Brian Grant is coming to the TrailGangstas.  If there is =
an announcement to sign Grant, as one message noted, then he will have =
to cancel the one planned for Portland, as is all over the scene here.  =
If the money can be worked out, (he has turned down 48MM from Sacramento =
over 6-7 years, and the Blazers are talking 50MM +) the Celtics should =
pick him up.  He would fit into the new system far better than Williams =
for the long-term, and bring a little more experience to boot.  He has =
led the Kings on many nights, when Richmond did not want to.=20

The Blazers would have to renounce Cliff Robinson and Chris Dudley.  =
Another message noted the possibility of signing Uncle Cliffy. =20

Cliff is in over his head as a FA and could come cheap (Travis Knight =
money or less), and could work out.  He can play 3 or 4 very well, and =
can spot at 5.  His agent talks in the local media weekly about Cliff =
taking some teams 1MM dollar exemption.  His weakness is folding in the =
playoffs, but at least he has gone deep many years, playing in the =
finals twice with the Drexler Gang.  He is a head case at times, but if =
anyone can get him to fly straight it would be Rick. =20

I hate to say it but ever since the problems with Eric Williams health =
came up (more than once last year), I have been at worst fearful for his =
health (sound familiar?), and at best worried for the Celtics investment =
in a player with potentially serious health problems.  I would certainly =
wish him the best with the Nuggets.

I am nervous about the total wholesale changes with the team, meaning =
Dee has got to step up and show Captain like leadership, but we must =
remember that Rick was trusted with the future of the greatest team in =