Help from a poor student! (longish)

Hey all,

I hope this is not too inappropriate...I am an MBA student doing a
marketing plan for the Celtics.  I am also a member of the Detroit
Tiger's mailing list, and I have found the list members to be INCREDIBLY
knowledgeable and helpful, so I thought that it might be really helpful
to get the input of some die-hard fans.  (Also, you guys in Mass are
probably a little more in tune to the Celtics than us in FL!)

Anyway, I wanted to get your input as to what direction you would like
to see the Celtics take, and what you would like to see the Celtics do
to appease and draw in the fans.  Whatever ideas you throw out would be
appreciated, no matter how far-fetched you may think they are (OK, maybe
don't throw out the one about trading for Michael Jordan for a 3rd round
draft pick :-)  I get the impression that some of the tradition and deep
flowing pride for the Celtics has diminished.  Do you think so, and what
do you think can be done to restore the team to glory?

Also, what do you think of the Fleet Center?  Has tearing down the
Garden caused some fans (not on this list, of course) to lose interest
in the Celtics?  Are individual fans able to get tickets to the games,
or is it by connection only?  Do you think turning the Celtics into a
limited partnership has caused the owners to skimp on draft picks and
signings?  What do you think of the owners?  How about Pittino?  How is
he being received in Boston?  Has his arrival generated renewed interest
in the Celtics?  Again, anything else you may want to contribute would
be GREATLY appreciated!

Steve Goldstein, stuck in Magic country