Re: Anything going on?

Pitino has stated that he probably won't make a major acquisition through the free
agent route.  Anything he picks up will be of the helper variety, not of the superstar
type.  But just by the way he's been aggressively touting Brown, Barros, Williams
etc I get the eeling that he's putting out feelers for a trade (perhaps of the blockbuster
variety).   Perhaps Ellison or Minor can be dealt in such a way.  Another scenario
is that the Celtics suffer another basement finish in the upcoming season such that
they get to draft the power forward they need (maybe Raef LaFrentz). Maybe at that
point they can use that pick to land an established veteran power forward ( Vin Baker,
Shawn Kemp).  These are all options that Pitino and Wallace have before them.( Perhaps
there are more that I haven't mentionned---who knows )
- ---
John C. Kurien
>Hi everybody.  I was wondering what's going out there, haven't heard much
>from the post lately.  I know it is summertime but why is so quiet.  Now with
>the cap being raised do you think that Pitino will try to sign another FA or
>possibly unload some more deadwood, i.e. Ellison or Minor?
>
>Mafiaso

Free web-based e-mail, Forever, From anywhere!
http://www.mailexcite.com