Re: May, Walsh, etc.

> They do have permission.
>
> You know what? I am tired of Bird. Just because he was a superstar, he
> thinks he's a hotshot. He won't change anything. Like M.L. said, he came
> out of nowhere (knowing the C's can get potential good talented
> players)  and try to jump on board. I'm sorry, it just doesn't work that
> way. You have to rebuild just like every one else. This guy have no
> coaching or GM experience, but he had the nerve to criticize someone
> else's job.
> Fly away. I rather have McHale as GM. He did what he was suppose to do.
> He didn't talk & talk & talk.

Bird just talked two times in the media what you are hearing are
interpretations of moves by Peter May. Larry Bird is definitely not talk,
talk & talk, and by the way he is a superstar and a hotshot. After all how
many teams are trying to get ML Carr to rebuild their franchise. Bird
doesn't need the celtics, they need him..in addition Riley is proving in
Miami that you don't have to rebuild, one can build through free agency.
Yes Bird doesn't have experience but he was a very smart basketball player
and a leader plus McHale said that he will make it and kevin should no
don't you think?

> Brown as coach? I don't know if I'd hire him if I was GM. Pitino, yes.
> Don't just change just for the sake of changing. Antoine Walker agrees,
> a new coach doesn't neccessarily mean a better record. Anybody who knows
> basketball and can motivate their players can coach a team. The record
> depends on what talented players they have. If M.L. or D.J. were to
> coach the Bulls, they would be praised for their coaching job.

Don't you think discipline, knowing X's & O's, charisma and who the coach
is counts. Walker and co. saw an easy going coach who wouldn't have shoot
arounds, didn't stress team play, didn't stress defense and they liked
him..hey I would too. But the question is "Is this good for the celtics",
after all the Bucks & 76ers have been in the lottery for  about 6 years,
why are they not powerhouses now.  Imagin Riley or Daly or Brown being
given the 76ers roster..do you think they would have finished as the 4th or
5th worst team.

                                                              - Mishra