Re: Draft lottery

Raymond DeCampo wrote:

> Here are the absolutely FINAL probabilities for the 1997 NBA
> draft lottery.
>
> Pick      Boston       Dallas     Total
> ----      ------       ------     -----
> First     27.51%        8.80%    36.31%
> Second    11.77%        4.93%    16.70%

Thanks for the odds Ray. Just one question though. I was wondering what
factors you used in calculating the odds on the second pick. Did you
include the probabilities of Vancouver's number coming up in the draw
for the first pick? How about subtracting the teams chances that win the
lottery? Did you use the most probable scenario of the team with the
third highest chances winning or the worst possible scenario? Thanks for
the info again. Mostly I'm just too lazy to sit down and do the math
myself.