Re: Fox....is gone !!

> >Globe says that Fox has opted for free agency. No wonder that
> >ML was trying to trade him before the deadline. Well it is sad
> >to see a calming and positive influence in the locker room
> >depart...but we do get his cap money to use for our new guys
> >and even our soon-to-be-guys (Duncan etc.).

  Where did you get the idea that he's leaving?  Fox simply wants more money.
The contract he signed has an out clause this year.  If Fox didn't want to
continue to make a sure $1.85 million next year or if he didn't want to play
with the Celtics he could exercise the out clause.  Now it's up to the Celtics
to re-sign Fox for the money that he thinks is fair for someone with his
skills.

  Last year Out Of Service had an out clause in his contract, but didn't
exercise it.  Why?  Not because he loved the Celtics, but rather he didn't
feel that anyone but ML Carr would be stupid enough to offer him $1.76
million a year to play.  And he's more than correct on that one.  Ellison
stuck with the sure money (that he doesn't deserve) rather than trying to
be greedy.

  It's unfortunate that the 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th players on most teams (read:
Fox, Brown, Ellison, and Minor) were given huge and long contracts by GM
genius ML Carr.  Now we're stuck with these non-ready-for-primetime players
for years to come while we miss out on great free agents next summer.

  Further proof the ML Carr is an idiot.  Oh, and don't bring up the Montross
deal in his defense either.  My ten year old cousin would have made that deal
if Dallas had called him on the phone looking for Montross.  No brains
required for that move.

		Laytah,

		Jason

  Jason A. Drisko               	Email: drisko@ics.com
  Integrated Computer Solutions		WWW:   http://www.ics.com/~drisko
  201 Broadway 				Voice: (617) 621-0060
  Cambridge, MA 02139          		Fax:   (617) 621-9555