No Subject

Paul M wrote...
>>Did everyone catch this from the Globe this morning. It's Bird talking
>>about missing pre-draft camps.
>>
>>``I told M.L. in March that I wouldn't be at Phoenix because I had
>>something else. But if I'd known [Austin] Croshere [of Providence] was
>>going to be there, I might have gone. I like to watch him play.''
>>
>>Oh Lord, I'm scared. Please tell me Opie's not picking this guy at #6. I'm
>>telling you...that's the second time he's mentioned him. The first was to
>>say that Croshere was better than Van Horn. Oh God..be afraid...be very
>>afraid. Where's Andy?...Opie's gonna do somethin bad.
>>

>>Paul M.

I for one don't like this thread of calling Bird "Opie"  The guy is not even
officially in charge of anything, and already pot shots are being taken.  IF
Bird becomes GM, and IF he makes mistake after mistake, then some critizism
could be justified.  But this opie business (a reference I guess to Bird's
country roots?) is out of line.

Mark Estepp                             704 262 3111
Appalachian State University            704 262 2088 (fax)
Esteppjm@AppState.edu