Re: Crystal Ball of Playoffs. Updated!

Jon Michael Hamm <jonmichael@honors.educ.ou.edu> writes:
>Houston bt. Minnesota 3-1 (Experience over talent)

*Pardon*?!!  Gugs, Garnett, and Marbury more talented than Hakeem,
Barkley, and Drexler?  That's preposterous.

>Experience is overplayed by the sports media.  As a rule, talent
>wins - which is why I don't expect Minnesota to win a single game in
>this matchup if the Rockets are healthy.

Good point. Let me rephrase that. It should read : Experienced talent over
young talent. There!

>The only upsets I predict are Charlotte over New York (although I hope
>not - the Knicks would wear the Bulls down a lot more) and Detroit over
>Atlanta (the Hawks overachieved; the Pistons really are that good).
>*Maybe* also Phoenix over Seattle (I hope so if this really is Kevin
>Johnson's last season - I love watching that guy play).

Might happen. Those are pretty tough calls though huh?

>The only teams that can beat the Bulls are the Heat and the Rockets.
>But Barkley won't last past the second round, so basically it's the
>Heat or nobody.  If Rodman can't play, throw in the Knicks and Lakers
>as well.  (If it's not obvious already, I think a dominant center is a
>sin qua non for beating Chicago.)

I'm in total agreement. I'd love to see a Houston-Chicago or Utah-Chicago
final though. - Danny