Re: Larry Brown?

> What does everything think about Larry Brown?  My personal opinion is that
> he's a fine coach, but his famous ability to leave jobs scares me.  Also,
> for some reason, I just don't feel he's the guy we need to make the big
> turn-around.
>       Comments?                                  - Curtis Smith

I disagree about the turn around.  He has done it before, both on the
college and pro levels.  In college, he took UCLA and Kansas to the final game
winning with UK.  Neither team belonged in the final game but Brown got
the most out of his talent both times.  Both teams had one very good forward
(Vanderweghe (sp?) and Manning) and a bunch of role players.  In the pros, he
got the Clippers to as good as they have ever been (team featuring Mark Johnson,
Ron Harper and Charles Smith) and has had the Pacers performing above their
talent for years.  As for leaving teams, he has been in Indiana for quite a
while (4 or 5 years?) and this is NOT one of the choice NBA jobs.  If successful
I think he will be in Boston for 4-5 years.

I think he is an outstanding coach and a great choice for a young rebuilding team.

Fred