Sportszone Rookie of the Year Voting (fwd)

   Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 19:30:54 -0400
   From: Phe Meas <pmeas@user1.channel1.com>

   Can Walker block shots like Abdur-Rahim?? (I seen a couple
   from Walker)

Abdur-Rahim: 1.0 blocks/game
Walker:      0.6 blocks/game
Will Perdue: 1.6 blocks/game

Can Abdur-Rahim block shots like Will Perdue?

Quiz question: how many rookies blocked more shots per game than
Abdur-Rahim ... (Answer: 4, but you'll never guess who they were, because
blocked shots don't mean very much if you're only blocking 1 per game).

   Final Question: Please be honest.

   If a trade between Walker & Abdur-Rahim was possible, would you trade
   Walker for Rahim????

No way.  Absolutely not.  I think Walker's the best pick of the class for
the long term for the C's.

Of the coming year's draft class, probably only Duncan would be worth
Walker for sure.  Mercer's a question mark, and I'd be surprised to see
anyone else better.

- -Andy