Washington

How sad is it to hear Howard and Webber talk about fulfiiling their
promise at the beginning of the season to make the playoffs.  They barely
made it to the playoffs, and had to win on the last day.   Who knows if
Tyrone Hill was healthy all year maybe the Cavs win eigth place easily?
Regardless they shouldn't act like they knew they were going to make the
playoffs.

It is my belief that a coach is there to get his team ready to compete in
the playoffs.  That means getting his team to play hard all year to put
them in a position to win the playoffs.  However, once in the playoffs I
feel it more up to the players to win the championship.  The best players
off all-time raise their game to a higher level during the playoffs and
especially crunch time.  Not to take anything away from Riley, Phil
Jackson, KC Jones, but when it comes down to a 7th game it is Bird, or
Jordan or Magic, Kareem,Hakeem,  etc. who win the game.   My point is that
Larry
Brown should not be regarded as a not so good coach because his teams
never won the championships.  He put his teams in a position to win, it is
just that Reggie MIller and co. didn't raise their games and take them to
a championship. The bottom line is Miller is great but just not the
superstar as those  mentioned above.  the Pacers had fine teams and Brown
did a fine job.  The players are the ones to blame, the coach can only get
them to that position.  When it comes down to a 7th game with a minute to
go, the players win or lose the game (in most cases) not the coach.

Thus, I really like Brown as the next coach.  Lets get someone in here
with an attitude to straighten these players up and get us working towards
a championship!  Maybe we will play defense next year.

 Christopher R. Gee