	Cleveland will be desperately looking for a change. However, I was
in a hurry and did not have too much time to really think about the deal I
wrote about. Many of you were right in saying that it was unrealistic.
However, I do feel that the Dallas pick and Dana Barros, for Bobby Sura
and their pick is not only worth it, but would help get rid of a big
contract that has gone wrong.
	Or we could trade the Dallas pick and Dino Radja for Vin Baker and
some no-name, who we could release.

Possible outlooks:

	1. David Wesley			Backup: Bobby Sura
	2. Greg Minor			Backup: Bobby Sura
	3. Antoine Walker		Backup: Eric Williams
	4. Dino Radja			Backup:
	5. Tim Duncan			Backup: Pervis Ellison

	1. David Wesley			Backup:
	2. Greg Minor			Backup:
	3. Antoine Walker		Backup: Eric Williams
	4. Vin Baker			Backup:
	5. Tim Duncan			Backup: Pervis Ellison

Never underestimate the trading potential of a team that just misses the
playoffs and doesn't have much of a positive outlook in the draft, like
Dallas, Cleveland, and Sacramento. Cleveland and Dallas both , especially
will be looking for futures. They will both continue to rebuild their
teams. I am still skeptical about resigning Wesley for the amount of money
he will want. Remember Dana Barros, he had a stellar year and we bit on
the bait, now look we want totrade him because he isn't producing, before
the year in Philly, he was some unknown in Seattle. I say for that kind of
money, we should try to trade for Terrell Brandon or sign Sam Cassell.
Point guards who have been consistent and stong every year.

The only other comment is that a few weeks ago somebody made that the
comment that we should not plan on getting the #1 pick. They also said
that we could even end up with the 4th or 5th pick and then the Dallas
pick. However, correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to remember a rule
that states that the teams with the worst record can receive no worse than
the #3 pick. And since the Vancouver Grizzlies can't get the #1 pick this
year because of that stipulation, that technically puts the Celtics in the
driving seat so to speak. So technically we should not end up with any
worse than the #3 and the #7 picks in the 1997 NBA Draft.

						Jerry
						jlawson@mail.sdsu.edu