Re: LARRY BROWN

On Sat, 19 Apr 1997, Dorine Pratt wrote:

> Hi, all
> 	I'm not happy at the possibility that Larry Brown will coach.  Guess I
> kind of hope it'll be DJ.  Don't have anything against Larry Brown
> except he's so serious and such a sad looking man.  I always get the
> feeling he's going to cry.  I really wish ML had hired Cowens last
> year.  That, as far as I'm concerned, was a very big mistake.
> 	Dorine

But weren't you a fan of the 80's Celts style too?  Alot of times I like
watching the Pacers play because they play the same style that KC had the
C's playing.

Larry Browns teams play beautiful halfcourt & controlled fast break
basketball. Lots of baskets off of assists, and screens, not isolation
plays. Brown's style is to have a huge fronline, and 2 mentally tough
leaders in the backcourt.  He doesn't give Mark Jackson plays from the
sideline each posession, like Tommy said.  Jackson is one of the best
playmakers there is and can call his own plays.

I think the halfcourt game will be important for the C's too, especially
when they get into the playoffs, and when it comes to X's and O's
coaching, you can't find much better than Brown.  Sorry D.J.