Re: who i would keep

JOzersky@aol.com wrote:

> I would keep Walker and Fox and Eric for sure.  Fox for leadership, and
> Eric because you will regret it.  Also he is antoine's best friend on
> the team.

There is considerable debate about Fox on this list.  But I would bet
that anyone would take Eddie Jones in a heartbeat.  To me, they are
similar style players, so I looked up their stats with one game left in
the season:

		G	Min	PPG	RPG	APG	Reb O-D-T
Jones		79	2966	17.3	4.1	3.4	90-232-322
Fox		76	2650	15.5	5.2	3.8	114-280-394

		Asst	Stl	Blk	TO	PF	Pts	Hi
Jones		268	186	48	167	224	1368	34
Fox		286	167	40	178	279	1174	34

		FG  A-M-%	3pt  A-M-%	FT  A-M-%
Jones		470-1071-.439	152-388-.392	276-337-.819
Fox		433-950-.456	101-278-.363	207-263-.787

Jones was a lottery pick, and he has quickly matured into an All-Star.
Fox was a 24th pick and is dissed by half the fans in Boston.  Jones
certainly has more potential than Fox, but Rick is now at his peak and
can match numbers pretty much across the board with Jones.  The Celts can
let Fox go and open up cap space, but they may never attract a free agent
who is as versatile as Rick.

Mike Dynon
North Kingstown, R.I.