Give M.L. a break

- -

I think Mr. Carr has performed a magnficient job in the General Manager`s
position.  The deal to get Walker and Dallas`s  first round pick in the
1997 draft  for Eric Montross and the Celtic`s ninth pick in the 1996
dfaft,would have to be one of the all time great steals.  One must
consider that in the NBA a team must be bad in order to become good
again.  I like the way Mr. Carr is rebuilding this team through the
draft.  Furthermore, Mr.Carr stated that he would coach only until he
found someone better suited for the Celtic organization (Rick Pitno).
Why should Mr. Carr bring in a Bob Hill, Hubey Brown, etc.  to win 30 to
35 games and get 16th pick in the draft?  This makes no sense.
M.L.`s coaching and GM abilities will have  in a Celtic uniform Eric
Williams, Antoine Walker,Tim Duncan, and a sixth or seventh pick in  next
year`s draft.  I think if you can give Jimmy Rodgers and Chris Ford a
chance, there as to be a chance for Mr.Carr.  Chris and Jimmy didn`t win
a championship to my knowledge and never will as a head coach.  There is
still time to get on the M.L. Carr band wagon or I will be saying I told
you so.  If Rick Pitino or Brown at Indiana  decides to coach the
Celtic`s next year, the job is open and M. L. will stepdown.  However,  I
think he will keep coaching if this does not happen.

- --AAB23254.861163533/m9.boston.juno.com--

- --------- End forwarded message ----------

- --AAA25744.861163891/m9.boston.juno.com--

- --------- End forwarded message ----------