Re: "...the violence causes silence who are we mistaken..."

On Mon, 14 Apr 1997, Nault wrote:

> >	Todd Day is at best mediocre as a starter.  If you go through all
> >29 teams and think about who they have at the 2-spot, there are at least
> >20-25 2's in this league who are better than Todd Day.  You can talk about
> >"potential" all you want.  But even if he reached his full potential he
> >would still be below average, and to suggest that he could potentially be
> >an all-star is laughable.
>
> Todd Day has brilliant potential.  If he did reach his full potential I
> think he would definitely be an all-star.  Now whether he will or not is a
> totally different matter...
>
> Tim

	Do you actually watch any games up there in Alaska or do you just
hunt through box scores and websites to determine a player's worth?  Just
for the sake of argument let's go through the NBA and name the 2's who are
better than Todd:

New York: Allan Houston, John Starks (maybe)
Miami: Veshon Leonard
Orlando: Nick Anderson
Washington: Calbert Cheaney
Philadelphia: Jerry Stackhouse
New Jersey: Kerry Kittles, Kendall Gill, Jimmy Jackson

Central Divison:

Chicago: Michael Jordan
Atlanta: Steve Smith
Cleveland: Phills, Sura
Detroit: Joe Dumars
Toronto: Doug Christie (he's having a great year)
Charlotte: Glenn Rice
Milwaukee: Ray Allen

Midwest Divison:

Houston: Clyde Drexler
Utah: Jeff Hornacek
San Antonio: no one
Minnesota: no one
Dallas: No one
Vancouver: No one
Denver: No one

Pacific Division:

LA Lakers: Eddie Jones, Koby Bryant
Seattle: Hersey Hawkins (maybe, maybe not)
Phoenix: Wesley Person (he has a better shot)
Sacramento: Mitch Ritchmond
Golden State: Latrell Sprewell
LA Clippers: Malik Sealy
Portland: Isaiah Rider

	I'm missing a team besides the C's, but that comes to 27 shooting
guards who are better than Todd Day.  Granted a few of them are toss ups,
but that still leaves 20 at the very least.  And hypothetically speaking
if both Day's and Minor's contracts were up at the end of the season and
we had to choose one of them, I would go with Minor hands down.  He's
stronger, his shot is more consistent (he knows not to take it from 19+
ft.), he has a better vertical leap, and he is a better defender (in that
he doesn't give up as many 40+ point games).  With that said, there are
probably still about 15 to 20 other 2's in the NBA who are also better
than Minor, but he doesn't get abused the way Day does.

Jeremy