Re: Stacey King

[Jon Michael Hamm wrote]

> BTW: I know many of you may not care, but I heard that King was offered a
> second 10-dayer by the Celts, but chose not to so he could return to the
> Sioux Falls Skyforce for the playoffs. Any truth to that?

Jon,

  Thanks for verifying the number for me.  Let me return the favor:

  The Celtics originally signed King as a favor for his agent.  King was
very upset with the lack of playing time he got, the lack of practices the
Celtics had, and the lack of instruction the coaches offered.  He decided
that he would be better off playing back in the CBA than deal with the
Celtics.

  King was "saved" from going to the CBA when his agent was contacted by the
Celtics South (aka the Mavericks) who said they may have a spot for him if he
didn't sign another 10-day contract with the Celtics.  A few days after his
contract with the Celtics expired he was signed by the Mavs.

		Laytah,

		Jason

  Jason A. Drisko               	Email: drisko@ics.com
  Integrated Computer Solutions		WWW:   http://www.ics.com/~drisko
  201 Broadway 				Voice: (617) 621-0060
  Cambridge, MA 02139          		Fax:   (617) 621-9555