Alot of you have made comments about Red. I have a few things to say, and
it pains me to do so. Age is a terrible thing. Over time people don't see
things as clearly as they once did. And example, my grandfather said he
would take Serge Zwikker with the Dallas pick. I said" No Grandpa, how
about Jamison if he comes out...or Battie...or how bout McGrady?" He said
"Who?" I believe that whoever said Red's best days are behind him is
right. Unfortunately, because he is a living legend, people listen. I
don't blame Red or ML on the stae of affairs of the team. Gavitt was the
reason. He was the one who should have traded McHale, Parish, etc... when
the time was right. But what about tradition. I know I wanted our old
Warriors to retire with us. Chief should have retired a few years ago.
Anyways, my point is, Gavitt left this organization in shambles. He was
the Lou Gorman of basketball. Quick fixing every year, and now ML is
taking the heat for doing what the Celtics have to do to get back to the
top. Tank a season.
	ML has said there is a plan. LETS WAIT UNTIL THIS OFF SEASON TO
SEE IF THE PLAN IS FAULTY OR NOT! How can we judge ML, the turning point
in his plan is now. This is where we begin to move back upward. Actually
is began with the move for Antoine. If we get a good coach, and the two
draft picks are stars of the future(along with Antoine), we resign Wesley,
and move some of the deadwood(Dee, Barros, Ellison), and let all of our
free agents go(except Wesley), and sign a good shooting guard, the Celtics
will not be far removed from returing.
	What we all know is, ML will not be back as coach. I just don't
see it. we also know that Walker will be a star, and wesley is solid. we
know Williams will be a great role player. It's a beginning, and lets let
the off season play out. Then pass judgement. If ML calls himself coach
next year, and drafts Sege Zwikker, then we can complain. But don't pass
judgment when there really is nothing to judge on
- -Derek-