Red

As far as I know, Red is not that involved with the basketball operations
of the Celtics.  He seems more to be an ambassador (a tell-it-like-it-is,
fouled mouth ambassador, but an ambassador nonetheless) for the Celtics.
He is around as much as Larry is or less.  He doesn't even live in Boston
(he's in Washington, D.C. I believe). He has missed some Celtic functions
in the past few years because of health reasons.  It's doubtful that
between living outside of Boston and health concerns, that he is that much
of an influence on the day-to-day  operations of the team.

I am sure, however, that there are still old school people around who
think, "how would Red dothis, or what would Red think of this?"  The thing
is, Red's era in the NBA is over.  It was a different time....less
restrictions on how teams could or could not move players so it's harder to
do what Red did in this NBA.

The whole thing is depressing, complex and one is sure that Tim Duncan
doesn't come carrying a remedy for what ails the Celtics off the court.
Let's hope that he will be in Boston and at least on court, he can deliver
the goods!

TJL

Theresa Lee
Alumni Officer III, Student and Parent Programs
Association of Alumni and Alumnae of MIT
10-140, 77 Mass Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02139
ph: 617-253-8280
tjoyce@mit.edu