Re: Day and Turmoil

I would agree on Day & the 2 guard decision because of his size, except for
the fact his contract is up & chances of getting rid of Barros or Brown are
pretty slim.  I would prefer to keep him over Brown, Barros & Minor.  Mark
Heisler was the writer, not sure on his sources, but it does shed some
light on the strange behavior by Bird.  It had a funny comment that the
only time M.L called Pitino was to ask him " You don't want the job, right
"
I think Gaston is going to have to make a choice between Red & his cronies
& the Bird & Pitino.  Hopefully for the fans we move on with a new regime.

Hey I just saw some clips on this Tracy Mcgrady kid and he looks pretty
impressive.  This kid is 6''8" and probably still growing, he could be the
next Penny Hardaway, he appears to have excellent ball handling skills and
outrageous athletic ability like Hardaway & Kobe Bryant.  We should
seriously take a look at him for the Dallas pick.

- ----------
> From: JOzersky@aol.com
> To: celtics@igtc.com
> Subject: Day and Turmoil
> Date: Saturday, April 12, 1997 10:57 PM
>
> As long as we are all kicking in with our take on Todd Day, I would like
> say here that I agree with Tom Heinsohn, and Bostonian Steve must be
doing
> very well in his bond trading business (or whatever it is) indeed if he
> thinks he can dismiss Tom Heinsohn's opinion as just some uninformed
boozer.
>  The fact is, Todd Day is a fairly complete player.  It doesn't make any
> sense to talk about him in Arkansas, or Milwaukee, or last year, because
like
> most young players he is a work in progress.  Anyone who has watched him
play
> knows he can be a stifling defender, with his long arms and quickness,
and
> his play in transition is superb.  He is a garish but brilliant passer
for a
> two guard, also.  He's a spotty shooter -- so what?  The guy has a place
on a
> good team.  And let's say he is putting up a good show for his contract
year
> -- again, so what?  Would you rather he put up a bad show?  Like John
Starks,