Day and Turmoil

As long as we are all kicking in with our take on Todd Day, I would like to
say here that I agree with Tom Heinsohn, and Bostonian Steve must be doing
very well in his bond trading business (or whatever it is) indeed if he
thinks he can dismiss Tom Heinsohn's opinion as just some uninformed boozer.
 The fact is, Todd Day is a fairly complete player.  It doesn't make any
sense to talk about him in Arkansas, or Milwaukee, or last year, because like
most young players he is a work in progress.  Anyone who has watched him play
knows he can be a stifling defender, with his long arms and quickness, and
his play in transition is superb.  He is a garish but brilliant passer for a
two guard, also.  He's a spotty shooter -- so what?  The guy has a place on a
good team.  And let's say he is putting up a good show for his contract year
- -- again, so what?  Would you rather he put up a bad show?  Like John Starks,
Todd is a player seriously underrated by his own so-called fans. I would get
rid of every other two guard on teh roster before todd.

This LA newsclip disturbs me, particularly as it sounds like it may be true.
 Who wrote it?  What are his sources?  Please inform.  It does sound likely
that Red is backing ML, but is Gaston really that clueless?  Boy, I wish this
would resolve itself.  I see a nightmare scenario coming to pass.

April 25:  Paul Gaston calls press conference, gives ML vote of confidence,
says he will continue with both jobs next year.

April 27:  Larry Bird accepts coaching job in Indiana.

May 18:  Celtcs get pick #4 in draft, along with six.

June 20:  citing a "gut feeling," Carr drafts Raef LaFrentz with the fourth
pick, and Brevin Knight with the sixth.  Rick Fox and David Wesley depart the
following day.

June 21:  The entire celtics organization, under orders from Carr, puts
poison in their applesauce and departs this plane.  Al Bianchi laughs in his
grave.