Re: Possible draft

jlyell@concentric.net wrote:

>Why does everyone think so highly of Derek Anderson, especially after 3/4
>of a season and an ACL injury ?  That is too much of a risk for the Dallas
>pick, maybe the second rounder.  If it has went out once, at this level
>chances are good it could go out again.  Their are guys like Simon , Cory
>Carr (maybe we have had enough carr's), Willoughby, Billups that are
>healthier & just as good as scorers, and some like Simon & Billups, more
>versatile.

Well, the injury is something to look at, but the reason that i think so
highly of Anderson is that when he's healthy he's a better player than any of
the other guys you've mentioned.  He's had 4 years of college ball (2 under
Pitino, who called him UK's best player earleir this season), and he's a much
better defender than any of the guys you mention.

He will probably go before the 2nd round so the thing to do is trade down
Dallas's pick to the 15 range and get him then if that's who we decide to get.

Jeff