Re: where is my happy ending? where have all the cowboys gone?

 > 	The reason I want two big guys is that I see Walker as a 3 (as
> > does he).  When he matched up with the better 4's this year (Baker and
> > Garnett come to mind) he was outclassed due to the fact that they have
> > much more size and as much athleticism.  Besides a Walker/Duncan duo at
4> and 5 would be way too small for a starting frontcourt.

> Absolutely we have the chance to draft two big guys and we should do so.
In
> fact I would use Radja or Eric Williams to move up and get Battie if we
> can't get him the Dallas pick. There is no point in taking a guard with
> this pick unless it's Mercer, but Vancouver will nob him with their 1st
> pick unless we get 1 & 2.

I agree also, with our 3 picks we should go big with 2 & get the best
scoring  guard or point available  with the other, depending what we do
with Day Szabo, Brickowski's money in the FA market..  If the Dallas pick
ends up before Philly, we may be able to get Duncan & Battie assuming we
land the 1st pick

> > 	Moving on to the second round pick, the lastest Leventhaul ratings
> > have Andre Woolridge at number 30 which is exactly where the C's pick
> > would end up right now (there are only 28 first rounders this year).
He
> > would make a great fit, giving us a backup point guard with some upside
> > potential.  Although if a bigger guard were to slip down that far
> > (especially Anderson or Simon however unlikely), I would scoop them up
> > like a ground hog searching for food while some grounds keepers try to
> run him over or be-head him with a metal rake.  (I have some weird
friends.)

> The C's need a backup point and this draft has lot of them Daniels,
> Billups, Vaugn, Knight, Shamgod etc. if ML or Bird show some imagination
> they could workout some deals. I understand the Knicks are not interested
> in this years draft because they are loaded with all kinds of
players..the
> C's could cut some deal with them as long as they don't give them next
> years first rounder.
>
> .  I like this Shamgod kid from Providence he can really penetrate and is
extremely quick, and would be a good second round pickup.  It would be nice
if we could trade next years second rounder & something to the Knicks for
their first rounder this year, we could really load up with a Duncan,
Battie Billups or Foyle, Willoughby, Simon or Jerald Honeycutt, & Garris or
ShamGod.