Re: daniels/draft

On Thu, 3 Apr 1997, Matthew Booker         ext9156 wrote:

> The article was on ESPNET a few days ago.
>
> I have been in a situation before where my team was having problems with
the
> coach. Unfortunately the only solution is to take a stand. Penny is an
> upstanding and astute leader who recognised that something had to be
done
> about Brian Hill. I think he did what was necessary and this can be seen
in
> the progress Orlando has made since the firing. I believe Orlando will
be a
> dangerous team in the playoffs.

It wasn't just Hardaway.  The Magic players had a team meeting and talked
over the issue and all 12 of them decided it was best that Hill leave.
Hardaway was just their leader and he probably felt the strongest about
Hill leaving since his game was supposedly suffering the most.

Jeff Stanners
98jstann@uor.edu
Redlands, CA

                           / ^   ^ \
                          { (o) (o) }
      -------------oOOOo-------U-------oOOOo--------------
     |                                                   |
     |   Quote from David Stern,                         |
     | "With the first pick in the 1997 NBA draft -      |
     |   The Boston Celtics select, TIM DUNCAN,          |
     |    of Wake Forest University."                    |
     |                                Oooo.              |
     |                 .oooO          (   )              |
                         \_)