Pete quote from Longliverock interview

JimTheWhoFan at aol.com JimTheWhoFan at aol.com
Sat Feb 25 10:30:16 CST 2006

In a message dated 2/24/2006 5:40:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
nakedi at comcast.net writes:
Right.  As I said, it's nothing new.  I think it was the way he implicated
Roger as supporting the fans in this that caught my eye.<<

I'm not sure of specific interviews or remarks attributed to Pete, but
really, that he lumps Roger in with "the rest of us" didn't really surprise me.

To wit, The Who that reformed in 1979 was really a compromise between the Who
that Pete wanted (more onstage instrumentation, keyboards, a second guitar
player) and what Roger wanted (the classic guitar-bass-drums-vox Who thrashing
it about).  So I've always seen Roger as a least a bit of a bastion of the "old
Who" thing.