The Who in Liverpool July 5 and 6

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 17 06:48:38 CST 2006

>From The Liverpool Echo at:
http://tinyurl.com/c93jk

Guess Who's coming to the Pops? Feb 17 2006
EXCLUSIVE by Joe Riley, Liverpool Echo

ROCK legends The Who are to play Liverpool's Summer
Pops.

And not once but TWICE Ringo Starr's son Zak Starkey
will be their drummer for the double whammy in July.

Today, Who frontman Roger Daltrey told the ECHO: "We
can't wait to be back in Liverpool.

"It's been almost 40 years." Daltrey and fellow
original Who legend Pete Townshend play the
4,000-seater big top on July 5 and 6.

A quick sell-out is expected when tickets go on sale
at 9am NEXT Friday, February 24.

Prices range from £34.50 to 42.50. The concerts are
the band's only dates in the north.

It will be the first time they have performed in
Liverpool since a date at Liverpool University in
October 1971.

The gigs come as The Who prepare to release their
first album of new material for two decades.

But the emphasis of the Liverpool programme will
feature back catalogue mega-hits such as My Generation
and Pinball Wizard.

Roger Daltrey said: "Liverpool has such a great
musical history. I can't believe it's been almost four
decades since we played there.

"We're really looking forward to the show."

-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com