The Kids Are Alright in new format

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 10 06:43:47 CST 2006

My wife got a Playstation PSP through work so I think
I'll get this! Wonder how they'll squeeze my liner
notes booklet in , 'tho ;-)

http://www.noblepr.co.uk/Press_Releases/sanctuary/the_who_umd.htm

UMD RELEASED 20th March 2006
The Ultimate Rock Band in the Ultimate Rock Film!

Sanctuary Visual Entertainment release the
quintessential 'Who' film, The Kids Are Alright on UMD
(Universal Media Disc) for the PSP (PlayStation
Portable). Capturing the individual band members'
musicianship and personality through live performance
footage and interviews, The Kids Are Alright
chronicles the development of The Who from angry early
sixties mod upstarts to worldwide rock icons in the
late seventies. The Kids Are Alright on UMD will be
released on 20th March 2006.

Originally released theatrically in 1979 and directed
by Jeff Stein, The Kids Are Alright rockumentary
showcases The Who in all their electric, destructive
and extremely loud glory. Digitally refined and
restored to the original 109-minute version, it's a
dazzling visual diary of legendary TV and concert
performances, which typifies the guitar-smashing
reputation of The Who.

The film opens with the band's famed 1967 American TV
debut on The Smothers Brothers Show and continues
through Monterey Pop, Woodstock and on into the 1970s.
Twenty-two classic Who tunes are featured, including
the title track The Kids Are Alright and special
versions of My Generation, Magic Bus, Happy Jack, and
Long Live Rock. Other tracks were re-mixed using the
best existing sources to ensure that the UMD presents
The Who's music at maximum fidelity.

These new re-mixes were specially engineered in London
by long-time Who associates Jon Astley and Andy
McPherson. However, special attention must be paid to
Won't Get Fooled Again and Baba O'Riley, both shot
especially for the movie and reborn in this digital
presentation.

Incidentally they represent Keith Moon's last
performance with the band, shot shortly before his
untimely death in September '78.

The Special Edition 2-Disc DVD of The Kids Are Alright
was originally released by
Sanctuary Visual Entertainment on 26th April 2004.

  UMD Features
 The Kids Are Alright: Original Film
 Interview with Roger Daltrey
 Full-length audio commentary
 Video / Audio showdown: Old vs. New
 Photo Gallery

PRODUCT INFORMATION

  Artist The Who
  Title The Kids Are Alright
  Release Date 20th March 2006
  Format UMD
  Running Time 109 minutes
  Certificate 15
  Regional Coding No regional restrictions
  Barcode No. 5050441170089
  Catalogue No. SVEU7008
  DVD Price DP: £10.21
RRP: £14.99